Monday, June 11, 2012

Barefoot and Proud

As the tag to this blog says, wearing shoes are optional in my room. 

Let me tell you how I arrived at that...

I spent one year teaching a 1-2 split  (and loved it!).  My class worked really hard for good behavior parties and after the bajillionth one ideas for parties (especially ones that don't cost a lot and interfere with instruction) were starting to wane.  One day, the idea came to me:  a shoe free day! 

We all had a great day walking around in socks or bare feet (doesn't that make you feel like you're at home when you're barefoot?). 

It was such a success that we repeated it-with similar results. 

I hope you'll sit a spell (with or without your shoes) and enjoy hearing about our room.

Y'all come back now, you hear? ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment